I am one of President George W. Bush's gardeners. Mr. George likes to talk to me.

Wednesday, June 23, 2004

Rumsfeld Jokes Around

So I was leaning on the walking stick that Mr. George gave back to me, looking out over the new flowers that I had spent the better part of two days planting, when Donald Rumsfeld approached me. With nowhere to run and no place to hide, I resigned myself to another confrontation.

"Hey Lenny," said Mr. Donald. "I have a joke for you."

"I'm not in the mood for jokes today, Mr. Donald," I said.

"Inch Me and Pinch Me went down to the lake with some guard dogs and a water board. Inch Me fell in the lake. Who was left?"

"Pinch Me."

He did. Hard. If the stock market hadn't collapsed at the end of Mr. Bill's presidency, I would seriously consider retiring right about now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home