I am one of President George W. Bush's gardeners. Mr. George likes to talk to me.

Friday, March 18, 2005

March Madness

My interest in politics has subsided somewhat of late. With my broken eardrum, I feel as though my entire brain has been pushed to one side of my head, and I find myself taking circuitous routes along even a straight path, as if I were caught in a spirograph. I no longer think in a fair and balanced way.

When the brain fails, there is always sports to turn to. I filled out a bracket on one of the sports sites, and I have Utah State winning it all. I like college basketball because most of the kids seem to care about whether they win or lose, and many of the prominent players are white kids. When I watch an NBA game, I see a bunch of disinterested, self-absorbed black players and a few pimped-out Europeans, but where are the heros who represent me? I would like to see a white player dominate a game, a white player who maybe drinks too much but promises hospitalized kids that he'll drop 50 points against the Knicks, and then he does it, by God! Go Utah State!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home