I am one of President George W. Bush's gardeners. Mr. George likes to talk to me.

Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Mr. George Takes a Vacation

Mr. George is still in Crawford, Texas. I miss him. Sometimes I miss him so much that my heart aches. Other times I just miss him like someone misses the scent of a new car. I remember our very first conversation, shortly after he took office.

MR. GEORGE: Well hello there, buddy. I see that you're a gardener. Sometimes I like to do a bit of gardening with the little people. How ya doin'?

ME: I'm doing well, sir. And how are you?

MR. GEORGE: Pretty good, pretty good. I'm the President of the United States.

ME: That's what I hear.

MR. GEORGE: Yep, I'm the President of these here United States.

ME: That's great. You must be very proud.

MR. GEORGE: Every boy dreams of being President of the United States. And that boy turns out being that I'm him.

ME: Your parents must be very proud.

MR. GEORGE: That's right. I can do anything I want.

ME: Well, not anything.

MR. GEORGE: Name one thing I can't do.

ME: OK. You can't go to Mars.

Mr. George just laughed and walked away. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if I see Mr. George one day waving an American flag on Mars.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home