I am one of President George W. Bush's gardeners. Mr. George likes to talk to me.

Monday, September 13, 2004

My Mother is Not a Patriot

My mother has been giving me all sorts of grief about the war in Iraq. She says no one has paid attention to how badly it's going. Well, some people are paying attention, but no one wants to hear what they say. She keeps talking about Falluja this and Najaf that, and I told her that she should support the U. S. military forces because they're putting their lives on the line for their country, 'nuff said. But then my Mom spoke quite vocally about how the war in Iraq diverted troops and translators from Afghanistan, and now Afghanistan is a mess, something about the Taliban regaining control. She says that if Mr. George had just avoided the war in Iraq and continue to work with international allies on hunting down actual terrorists rather than going to war against someone who looks like the terrorists, he would have been considered a great president, even with all the domestic mess he's created. As it is, Mr. George will go down in history as a terrible president, once people realize that Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11 and once people realize that Iraq is in many ways worse than Vietnam.

It's clear that my mother is losing her grip on reality. Does anyone know about a drug that slows down senility?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home